Windows 7 is the latest operating system of Microsoft which is currently available in the market. It is also one of the most popular operating systems of Microsoft. It comes as the successor of Windows Vista and was made available worldwide for retail sales in the year 2009. While trying to activate Windows 7, you might encounter the cryptic error 0xc004f061. This error shows that the license you are having is for Windows 7 upgrade and not for a full installation. To put things more clearly, a previous installation of Windows is not there on your hard drive. You might also encounter an error indicating that the Windows product key you have entered is invalid. This article contains instructions for resolving the same.
Windows 7 support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions proved by Windows 7 support team which will assist you in the process of resolving activation error 0xC004F061.
- Start off by making sure that you have entered the license key correctly. Search for the license key sticker on your computer or your installation package. Normally, you will be able to find the license keys on the certificate of authenticity stickers.
- Next make sure that the product key is meant for the version of Windows 7 you are attempting to activate. For example, license key meant for Windows 7 basic cannot be used to activate Windows 7 premium.
- After that check if you have license for a full installation if there is no Windows product installed on your hard drive.
- Purchase or get a valid key for and installation disc for the full installation of Windows 7.
- Try by installing your previous Windows Vista or XP then performing an upgrade using Windows 7 upgrade DVD.
- If you are still receiving the same error message regarding an invalid product key, leave the box to enter the product key empty and hit the “Continue” button. Finish the setup and look for the license key online, but remember that you will only be having a time period of 30 days.
That’s all with the Windows 7 support instructions for resolving error related to invalid product key. Thanks for your time. Ciao!
Simon Theriault Google+