The video card in your Windows 7 computer is known to make use of a driver in order to communicate with your PC. If you do not have updated drivers, it is likely that your video card will not function accordingly. And as such, you may face problems with your Windows graphics and other expected configurations. This includes stuttering frame rates, crashes which were not happening before or less obvious problems.
Additionally, an event as such even though unfortunate as it may be, it indicates that it is time to update your Windows 7 video card driver. Windows 7 allows you to quickly update your video card drivers by means of the Device Manager. The instructions to update Windows 7 Video Card drivers with Windows 7 support are as given below.
Guide to Updating your Windows 7 Video card Drivers
- Start off these instructions by logging on to Windows 7 by making use of an account that has administrative privileges. Click the Windows orb which is conveniently located in the lower-left corner of your computer screen.
- Following which, you have to click “Control Panel” followed by “System and Security.” Click “Device Manager” which is located under the “System” heading. You have to give your administrative password as well as confirmation if you see a security prompt.
- It is then required that you double-click “Display Adapters” in order to expand the menu. You need to right-click the name of your video card and click “Properties” from the right-click menu.
- You need to switch to the “Driver” tab which is in the “Properties” window. Click “Update Driver”in order to open the
“Update Driver Software” wizard.
- Proceed to click whether you want Windows 7to automatically search for the driver software or not. In case you have previously downloaded the new driver. Click “Browse My Computer for Driver Software”. Then locate the proper file which needs to e installed. Alternatively, you may choose to click “Search Automatically for Updating Driver Software.”
- Finally, click the driver file for your video card. Continue through the prompts in order to complete the process of installation. You have to restart your computer as soon as the new driver is installed in case your computer does not restart automatically.
This successfully completes our guide with Windows 7 Support in updating the drivers for your Windows 7 video card.
Hope you found this article helpful.
Simon Theriault Google+