Windows Vista help for using Disk Cleanup utility
If you have been using your computer for a long time, your hard drive might have become cluttered with files that are no longer important. In the Windows Vista operating system, there is a Disk Cleanup tool which will scan your hard drive for certain kinds of files and remove them. By doing so you can free up some space on your hard drive. This article is equipped with instructions to do the same.
Instructions provided by Windows Vista help team to use Disk Cleanup tool
By following the instructions mentioned below, provided by Windows Vista Computer Repair team, you can easily clean up a disk in Windows Vista operating system using the in-built disk cleanup utility.
- Commence this Windows Vista computer repair procedure by clicking the Windows “Start” button located at the bottom right side of your computer.
- Type “Cleanup” in the search box located on your start menu.
- Click on “Disk Cleanup” option from the given search results.
- You can also open the desk cleanup utility by clicking on “Start” button > select “All programs” > click on “Accessories” > “System Tools” > finally click on “Disk Cleanup”.
- When the disk cleanup tool opens up, it will scan you hard drive to find out those files which can be deleted, this includes the Recycle Bin, memory dumps and old logs.
- Select the tab labeled “More Options”. From here you will be able to remove all the system restore points expect the recently created ones. In some computers this might free up a lot of space your hard drive. But always remember that once the old restore points are deleted, they cannot be used again, so always be careful in choose which one to delete and which not to delete. To do this just hit the button labeled “cleanup” which you can see under the “System restore and shadow copies” section.
- Now go to the tab labeled “Disk Cleanup”. Here you can see the type’s files which the Disk Cleanup utility will remove from your computer and the amount of hard-drive space that can be recovered by deleting each type. In most cases, it’s completely safe to mark all the check boxes in this screen.
- Finally end this procedure by clicking “Ok” and then “Delete Files”.
That’s all with the information about using the Disk Cleanup utility in Windows Vista operating system. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
Solutions to Windows Vista Activation Issues with Computer Repair
Activating Windows Vista has two advantages. You will be able to register your computer’s copy of the operating system with Microsoft and it also allows your computer to accept Vista updates and security patches from the Microsoft website. But once the activation process is complete, problems may arise. You will be bombarded with a series of errors and messages warning you of various Vista registration issues even if the registration process was done successfully. But there is no reason to worry, as these issues can be solved with Windows computer repair help. The various issues that arise with the reasons for these issues provided by computer repair team have been detailed below.
Pre-installed Vista Activation Prompts
- If Windows Vista was pre-installed with your computer, you are likely to receive multiple messages that prompt you to activate your computer’s copy of the operating system. This problem also arises with Volume Licensing installs of Vista. According to Windows Vista help, this usually occurs when you have more than one computer and you possessed a license to install the operating system on various computers.
Solving Activation Error 0xC004F02A with Windows Vista Help
- This Vista activation error happens if you have restored a copy of your computer’s Vista image using Volume Licensing. This error also arises because validation checks within the operating system have been reset. The 0xC004F02A error prompts you to activate your copy of Vista, but you may have already gone through the activation process.
Solving the Vista Activation Error with Windows Vista Help
- You may also face a Vista activation error while working on certain computer programs that includes financial packages and other applications. These errors also arise while installing software and device drivers for new hardware. These Vista activation errors are caused because of the operating system’s validation checks failing.
Overcoming Failure to Activate Vista with Windows Vista Help
- The error “Activate Windows Now. Your activation period has expired and Windows is no longer working. To use Windows you must activate this copy of Windows” happens when you haven’t activated the operating system within the 30-day activation period. That’s what the Windows Vista help team suggests you do in the face of such problems.
This computer repair help article clearly details various Windows Vista activation issues as well as why they arise. For more information regarding these issues, you may refer to the Windows Vista help manual or you may visit the Windows Vista help website. Overcoming various PC problems has been sufficiently simplified with Windows Vista help.
Simon Theriault Google+